Macomb County Emergency Management will support and enhance county preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery capabilities by facilitating and coordinating activities and resources for our first responder community and citizens in order to provide a safe and secure community.
Lines of Effort
- Communications (includes Public Information/Public Education)
- Training and Exercises
- Resource Management
- Promote county-wide resiliency to strengthen planning and preparedness capabilities within the county
- To enhance, maintain & foster our relationships with local jurisdictions and outside agencies that support emergency management activities and functions
- Preparedness: promote and provide training and exercise opportunities for county first responders that enhance their capabilities to detect, prevent, deter, respond to and recover from emergencies, this will also include capability assessments, identifying gaps and developing improvement plans.
- Communications: strengthen and enhance our ability to communicate with the public, first responders and other outside agencies before, during and after emergency events