Major Capabilities Include
NOTE: The company reported on during the 9/22/2017 Today show is NOT a Macomb County vendor nor are they related in any way to Macomb Counties 911 operations.
Completed in December of 2013, the Macomb County Communications and Technology Center is a 25,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility that provides 24/7 situational awareness for our residents, businesses and first responders. Whether it pertains to a routine traffic accident, fire or EMS call for service, road closure or an escalating emergency event such as severe weather, COMTEC is ready to assist.
The facility houses the Macomb County Sheriff's Office Centralized Dispatch, the Road Department Traffic Operations Center, the Information Technology Department and Data Center, and the Emergency Management & Communications Department. Placing all of these operation centers into one location allows COMTEC to maximize scarce resources and improve services.
These four areas of county operations are dependent on each other on a daily basis. This center satisfies the need for a central location that is operable 24/7 and has the ability to monitor, manage, prevent, protect and respond to any type of emergency situation throughout the county.
- 20' x 50' Video Wall - accessible to the Road Dept., Sheriff's Dispatch and the EOC
- Eight Traffic Monitoring Stations
- Twenty-Five Dispatch Stations
- County-wide Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
- Centralized Data Center
- Emergency Generator Power
- Computer Lab/Training Room Facility
- Integrated Communications and Technologies (radio/voice/data/video)